History

History

1872 Ueno Hambei & Co. is founded as an import steel distributor by Hambei Ueno, the great grandfather of the present honorary chairman. The main business involved importing special steel, which was not manufactured in Japan at the time.
1955 Yuji & Co. is established with Yuji Ueno as president, previously a senior managing director of Ueno Hambei & Co. and sales of stainless and special steel commence.
1962 The corporate name is changed to Ueno Metal Industries, Ltd.
1975 A large integrated stock center is established (current Mishima Steel Service Center) in Mishima City, Shizuoka Prefecture, to bolster nationwide sales activities.
1981 The Isehara Steel Service Center is established in Isehara City, Kanagawa Prefecture; equipped with stainless steel shearing and plasma cutting machines to promote sales of stainless steel plates.
1989 The corporate name is changed to Ueno Metalex, Ltd.
1990 The capital is increased to ¥1,194,000. The company is approved by the Japan Securities Dealers’ Association to engage in OTC-registered stock trading and listed on Japan’s OTC market.
1994 As part of operation efficiency improvement measures, the head office is moved from the Kyobashi-Yaesu area to its present location in Shinagawa City in Tokyo.
1998 The corporate name is changed to UEX, Ltd.
2004 The company applies to shift its listing from the OTC market to JASDAQ.
Oct.2010 The company stock is moved to the JASDAQ Standard market; newly created by integrating the JASDAQ, NEO and Hercules markets.
Jul.2013 The company is listed in the JASDAQ (Standard) of Tokyo Stock Exchange, following the integration of the spot markets of the Osaka Securities Exchange and Tokyo Stock Exchange.